SPEX High Contour Flex Cushion - 12 x 14
Wheelchair Seating Cushion
The Flex cushion implements a truly adaptable and easy approach for even the hardest-to-solve cushion requirements for users with complex postures. Featuring a bevelled front edge to allow for knee contractures. Read More
Flex cushion implements a truly adaptable and easy approach for even the hardest-to-solve cushion requirements for users with complex postures.
As its name describes, Flex has been designed to fulfil the postural requirements of wheelchair users who present with limited hip flexion. Up-todate research shows that a considerable number of clients with cerebral palsy at GMFCS level V, present with asymmetric limited hip flexion. This condition must be ruled out or compensated as it has been linked to the development of other conditions like pelvic obliquity, trunk asymmetry, scoliosis, and windswept hip distortion (Ágústsson, A. et al, 2017).
Considering a lack of products available that can support clients with symmetric or asymmetric limited hip flexion, and considering the negative impact that this can have on people’s posture and function, we have developed this superior, comfortable, pressure relieving, stable and highly configurable cushion able to address even the most challenging postural requirements.
Every Flex comes with an easily configurable strategic positioning base. The innovative and clinical benefits of the pads and wedges allows the prescribing clinician to achieve a result on-the-spot whilst having the peace of mind that its able to change for future unseen posture changes.
Flex has a unique cover design which can change its shape. This ensures that once all the adaptations are done to the inner foam unit, the incontinence and outer covers are manipulated for a comfortable fit.
Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Have symmetrical or asymmetrical limited hip flexion
- Have internal hip rotation with tight hamstrings on one side
- Require pelvic and thighs pressure distribution due to asymmetric sitting posture
- Have changing postural needs over time
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring
This product is not returnable/refundable
- Positioning base primarily accommodates lack of hip flexion up to 20° but due to its innovative positioning base it can support ruling out other associated deformities as pelvic obliquity, windsweeping, hip abduction, hip internal rotation with tight hamstrings and even lack of hip extension.
- Bevelled front edge allow for knee contractures
- The exceptional combination of top foam overlays guarantees pressure distribution throughout the complete surface
- Outer breathable cover and inner incontinence cover included
Width: 12 - 20" (31 - 51cm)
Length: 14 - 20" (36 - 51cm)
Max User Weight:
- 10 - 15" (25.4 - 38cm) - 90kg
- 16 - 20" (41 - 51cm) - 160kg
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Active Mobility Systems Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.