Push rim activated manual wheelchair add-on
The e-motion is a push rim activated manual wheelchair add-on that assists users regain their independence and confidence back. A sensor translates each pulse into electric assistance and propels the wheelchair forward. Read More
The e-motion electric wheelchair conversion kit allows you to gain more independence and move with ease
Getting through everyday life often requires more effort for wheelchair users. Over time, propelling yourself forward can become unsustainable due to age or illness — with this in mind, we recommend the e-motion electric motor add-on for wheelchairs.
The e-motion push rim electric wheelchair conversion kit combines both mobility and therapeutic benefits — in fact, this motorised wheelchair kit allows you to keep active, expand your mobility and minimise both joint and muscle strains, protecting them against premature wear.
The e-motion responds intuitively to the pressure you put on the push rim and allows you to travel longer distances with less effort. Even wheelchair users with limited arm and body strength can gain their independence back with the e-motion electric wheelchair conversion kit.
Learn more about the e-motion with Active Mobility Systems. We offer fast and affordable delivery as well as flexible payment options like Zippay.
How does the e-motion motorised wheelchair kit work?
With the e-motion electric motor add-on for wheelchairs, every pulse on the push rim is registered by a highly intuitive sensor that translates the motion into just the right amount of electrical assistance. This makes propelling a manual wheelchair much easier. In fact, it’s the smartest and simplest way to convert a manual wheelchair into a power chair!
The electric motors are integrated into the wheel hubs, effectively supporting the wheelchair user and putting less strain on their muscles and joints to propel forward. Plus, the components of the e-motion are lightweight, and the compact add-on drive can be quickly removed from your wheelchair without using any tools.
The e-motion comes with a “DuoDrive” setting, allowing you to travel long distances in a sort of “cruise” mode without using the push rim at all. Just set the e-motion to the cruise speed and the drive wheels will do all the work for you — all you need to do is focus on the road ahead, sit back and relax.
The e-motion will even maintain the set speed while going downhill!
Learn more about the benefits and specifications of the e-motion electric wheelchair conversion kit below.
Benefits of the e-motion
As you can see, the e-motion electric motor add-on comes with a wide range of benefits, but it doesn’t end there. Here are just a few benefits you can expect from e-motion motors:
- Easily convert manual wheelchairs into electric wheelchairs in an instant
- Compatible with almost any wheelchair using two discreet adapters
- The motors are practically noiseless
- The intuitive sensor converts pressure on the push rim into the perfect amount of electric power assistance — move, steer and brake with minimal effort
- Comes with a special learning mode for inexperienced users
- Support speed of up to 8km/h and can travel up to 25km before recharging the batteries
- Switch between regular mode and DuoDrive (cruise) at any time
- Climbs up to 10% inclines
- DuoDrive maintains your set speed when going downhill
- Ideal for all wheelchair users including those with MS
- The components are lightweight and compact, fitting into even the smallest of car boots
- Monitor your driving profiles via the e-motion Mobility App
Studies have shown the e-motion motor for manual wheelchairs can be better than a power wheelchair
Specifications of the e-motion electric wheelchair conversion kit
- Electronics and battery integrated into the wheel hub
- Brushed stainless steel push rim
- e-motion increases your wheelchair's width by approximately 2-4cm (depending on the model)
ECS Remote Control
- Switching the e-motion wheels on and off from a seated position
- Handy, ergonomic design
- Buttons easy to operate even with little force
- Clearly arranged, easy-to-read LCD display
- Selection of two individually programmable assistance levels for indoor and outdoor use
- Additional learning mode for beginners
- Rollback Delay: The drive wheels of the e-motion delay the wheelchair from rolling back on slopes and hold the position for five seconds to enable relaxed repositioning of the hands
Automatic Battery Charger
- Magnetic contacting of the charger plug with the charging socket on the e-motion wheels
- Charges both e-motion wheels at the same time
- Automatic adaptation to the mains voltage (100-240v)
- Removable power cable
- Electronic charging and switch-off mechanism
- Charge status indicated by LEDs on the e-motion wheel and on the battery charger
- Battery charging time is approximtely 6 hours
Available Wheels: 22, 24 or 25"
Assistance Speed: 0 - 6km/h
Climbing and Braking Ability: As per the original wheelchair
Weight Capacity: 150kg
Max Range: Up to 25km
Batteries: 36.5v, 2x 4.3Ah lithium ion
Enhance everyday mobility with the e-motion motor for manual wheelchairs
For more information about the e-motion motor for manual wheelchairs, get in touch with the team from Active Mobility Systems on (02) 9649 2111. Our team has extensive knowledge about the range of products from Alber. Alternatively, book a demonstration at our showroom in Silverwater, Sydney, or Thorton near Newcastle NSW.
Remember, we offer flexible payment options like Zippay, or we may be able to assist with NDIS funding. Shop online or in-store with Active Mobility Systems today!
Be The First To Review AL-1594430
Help other Active Mobility Systems Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.