Spex KIDZ High Contour Cushion - 10" x 10"
SPEX Seating Cushion
Maintain reliable pressure redistribution by simply rearranging and modifying the cushion cells at any time for changing postural needs. Read More
Because children need to be seated and positioned early in life, Spex Kidz offers sizes 10" - 12" wide. Even the very young can be strategically equipped from the start with the merits that Spex brings in maintaining effective seating and positioning.
SPEX KIDZ High Contour Cushion
Spex cushion technology provides the key solution to positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively. Accomplish on-the-spot modifications by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system to further contour the cushion for correction or control. Maintain reliable pressure redistribution by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time for changing postural needs.
Comes with washable Spacer fabric cover and BONUS incontinent cover
Designed for the user who has moderate to severe positioning and pressure requirements. Excellent choice for individuals who:
- Need high control of abduction/adduction propensities
- Have changing postural needs over time
- Have a symmetrical or asymmetrical sitting posture that requires correction or control
- Require pelvic comfort and pressure relief/distribution
- Require a high degree of pelvic stability and specific contouring
- Have tight hamstrings/lack of hip flexion
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical postures
- Strategic contouring pads offer complete customisations on-the-spot for a perfect fit for the client
- Removable trochanter supports for pelvic obliquity or reduction, or build-up for hip flexion
- Gel-foam ischial well evenly distributes pressure under the pelvis and reduces shear forces in sensitive areas
- Includes breathable ‘spacer’ fabric cover and inner incontinence cover
Strategic Positioning Base
With the proven in-built adjustable base system, the SPEX cushion can be configured to solve many different pelvis needs ranging from basic cushion stability up to difficult pelvic situations.
Modifications by strategic placement in the adjustable base cell system further contour the cushion for correction, control, balance, stability, pressure redistribution and many other needs.
With adjustment being done at the base of the cushion, the upper foam layers are unaffected and don’t cause bottoming-out or further pressure risks.
Configurations can be easily made so pressure is redistributed from the ischial tuberosities and coccyx onto the trochanters and femurs for enhanced load bearing and stability.
With treating each leg independently via the cells it is easy to obtain optimum positioning and levelling the pelvis correctly and effectively, and this process can be carried out without limit by simply rearranging and modifying the cells at any time for changing postural needs.
Obliquity adjustment is simple and can be built up with the 10mm pads to create the correct hight required.
The Spex cushion can be adapted on-the-spot to suit individual pelvic needs including:
- Pelvic obliquity
- Tight hamstrings
- Posterior pelvic tilt
- Anterior pelvic tilt
- Limited hip flexion (one side or both)
- Extensor thrust
- Pelvic rotation
- And much more!